An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Executive to fill the role of Director of Sales in a small to medium size consumer goods company in the South East of Melbourne.
This role requires the successful candidate to drive and manage the sales function. It will also require this person to work at a high level in the areas of product development. You will be involved in setting the strategic direction for the organisation and will need to have a sound grasp of company operations. The company is significantly invested in licensed merchandise, which is an important driver for the business.
The role will report directly to the company directors and you will need to work closely with them to fulfill your role successfully. The opportunity exists within the Toy & Licensing Industry, therefore experience in this field is desirable, however may not be essential.
You will be required to:
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Manage the full sales cycle including account management and the negotiation of trading terms etc.
- Responsibility of Inventory management
- Manage the promotional cycle for all catalogue activity
- Work closely with all internal departments
- Develop new business
- Plan and execute both interstate and International travel schedules
- Meet and exceed sales and profit targets
The role will require a high level of professionalism and will need you to be a team player at all times. You will need to make decisions at the highest level and therefore require a strong business sense and corresponding analytical skills.
You will need to have:
- Extremely strong verbal and written skills
- A high level of proficiency with MS office programs
- The ability to develop professional presentation formats
- Attention to detail
- The capacity to work independently
- Proven track record in professional selling
- Patience along with the ability to learn
- Competitive skills
- The ability to frequently travel both interstate and abroad
- Sound understanding of the licensing industry
The role is part of the Senior Management of the company and therefore will require a commitment to consider and offer sound opinions to the Directors in terms of strategy and growth opportunities. An attractive remuneration package will be available based on experience and will be by negotiation.
** Applications close at 5pm on Monday, October 15th 2018
Applications will be directed to the company (including your CV and Cover Letter) via The Bugg Report.