SEL is a market leader in sport and entertainment, management, marketing and commercialisation. Since its launch in 1997 SEL has enjoyed incredible success – achieved through second-to-none industry experience, skill, expertise and old fashioned hard work. SEL are the exclusive worldwide Licensing Agent for Rugby Australia (Rugby AU).
Rugby AU is the governing body of Rugby Union in Australia, their primary brands are the Wallabies and Sevens. The Licensing Manager is a key figure of the SEL and Rugby AU structure.
SEL Job Description
The SEL Licensing Manager will be responsible for the overall vision and execution of the Rugby AU Licensing program. The Licensing Manger position requires demonstrated knowledge of consumer products licensing, brand management, product development, consumer marketing, licensing and retail product marketing and sales. In assisting with Rugby AU’s brand management approach to its licensing strategy, the Licensing Manager will coordinate closely with key licensing partners. This includes key stakeholders from Rugby AU; Rugby AU Sponsors and internal department stakeholders to maximizing royalty revenue to Rugby AU.
The Licensing Manager will:
- Oversee the entire program
- Develop and manage licensed brand strategies
- Set the Licensing budget and report to both Rugby AU and SEL Directors on all financial matters.
- Be proactive in sourcing and generating new revenue opportunities
- Assist in the negotiating both new and renewal agreements with licensors to maximize revenue opportunities and secure favorable commercial terms
- Support periodic license review meetings with senior leadership meetings
- Work closely within Rugby Australia and collaborate with relevant departments to develop integrated marketing plans across departments relevant to the licensing program
- Serve as a key a key leader in driving and supporting the licensing strategy internally within Rugby AU
- Serves as a key leader in relation to specific Rugby AU partners
- Be responsible in coordinating with SEL and Rugby AU to ensure all administration and financial tasks are undertaken
- Ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar with 5 or more years of experience.
- Experience negotiating high level partnership agreements across a wide spectrum of product categories.
- Strong familiarity with retail distribution channels and retail buying strategies
- Experience in managing and evolving brand strategies in the licensing and sports or entertainment industries
- Good communicator with project management skills, ability to work well in teams
- Excellent relationship management across various levels
- Time management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Passion for sport
- Excellent computer skills
- Budgeting and financial experience
- A team player with a sense to achieve and ability to adapt to changing environments
- Must have rights to work in Australia and hold a current drivers license.
The job will be based at Rugby AU HQ in Moore Park with travel as required. From time to time you may be required to work at SEL offices in Darlinghurst and out of hours works is required at key times throughout the year.
For further information or enquiries please contact Basil Scaffidi
Email – email@example.com
Call – 02 8353 7722