Working for BBC Studios, you will be part of a premium content and production company that inspires global audiences. We are proud to represent some of the world’s biggest, most trusted and loved content brands. In Australia and New Zealand, we bring the best of bold, British storytelling to our region through distributing content to broadcasters, our branded services on subscription platforms and our own local production arm, as well as other commercial partnerships such as live entertainment and licensing.
We’re passionate about content and brands. We invest in it, commercialise it and create it.
Purpose of the role:
The Licensing Manager will manage, deliver and grow the licensing revenue for BBCS trademark properties and brands. Working with the Head of Business Development & Commercial in identifying product opportunities, selling licences to suitable partners and nurturing commercial relationships. All with a view to increasing profit margins and enhancing consumer awareness of BBC brands, working towards specific revenue targets.
Some accountabilities will include:
- Deliver agreed annual financial plan to drive and deliver growth
- Liaising with, negotiating and managing multiple merchandising licensee and retailer relationships taking lead in pitching licensing opportunities
- Identifying and developing new product/category opportunities to extend the product range offering
- Forward planning and financial forecasting of licensing business, aligned to delivery to business objectives
- Driving the development of go-to-market strategies, generating compelling brand presentations for key meetings and tradeshows
- Management of legal agreements, approvals of product and processes
- Cost management to ensure profit targets are met: monitor invoicing, royalty payments and receipt of royalties in consideration of financial reporting requirements
- Represent the licensing business in Australia as appropriate, including attendance at trade fairs and industry events as necessary
- Develop and implement brand licensing and off air sponsorships where appropriate
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of licensing industry and relevant contacts
- Strong brand and/or product licensing experience
- Experience in the media sector or FMCG experience strongly desirable
- B2B/B2C commercial and consumer products experience
- Commercial acumen and analytical skill set: strong negotiation and planning skills with the ability to think strategically across multiple brands
- Influencing and networking: a team player with good collaboration and influencing skills that can persuade at multiple levels
- Communication and presentation: excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated and results orientated, capable of working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- A team player, highly motivated and proactive
Diversity matters at the BBC. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.