Established in 1992, Impact Merch. employs 25 staff, with our office and warehouse based in Thornleigh, Sydney. We are one of Australia’s largest wholesalers and distributors of Licensed Merchandise, specialising in stationery and home categories. Impact Merch. works with global power brands such as Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Warner Bros., & Universal to design, manufacture and distribute compelling licensed product. Our product is sold into leading retailers across Australia and New Zealand including Woolworths, Kmart, Big W, Target, JB Hi-Fi and EB Games. Our mantra is to develop the right product for the right brand delivered to the right store at the right time.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated, focused and driven individual with sound sales experience at a National/Key Account level, preferably within the Toy, Gift or Licensed Goods industry.
Impact is an equal opportunity employer: we believe in employing the right person for the right role, someone who is prepared to be an integral part of our growth strategy and consider this role a long-term commitment. Remuneration and final salary package will depend on relevant experience.
Reporting to the Managing Directors, and working closely with the Product Development Manager, your responsibility is to manage and grow a broad portfolio of key retail accounts & product categories within those accounts.
You will be required to effectively build and manage strong customer relationships with our existing Account Managers and Buyers and to actively seek new business opportunities through product diversification and extensions to our client base.
You will be developing and executing an agreed sales strategy for key retailers with short, medium and long term outcomes whilst maximizing sales and profitability for Impact Merch.
The role will involve:
- Exceeding sales target for key national accounts by maximising sales & ROI in existing retail accounts.
- Developing sales strategies to capture new business opportunities within Australia.
- Building and managing relationships with Head Office buyers across Australia.
- Developing a calendar to ensure key licensing and seasonal timelines are met for sell-ins to customers.
- Weekly analysis and monitoring of sales results for key retail account
- Regular analysis on the ROI in each retail programme or quote
- Working with our operations team to manage in store executions and merchandising operations.
- Work with Product Development team to develop new product and new offers specific to customer needs, seasonal demand and license releases such as film or video game releases.
- Some interstate and overnight travel will be required to attend meetings, trade shows and licensor presentations.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Experience in managing major retail accounts across mass market and specialty retailers.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and goal orientated
- Must have the ability to identify & prioritise your workload to give the best return and focus your efforts in those areas.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Including the ability to negotiate, build trust & form strong relationships.
- Proficiency in creating and delivering professional sales presentations.
- The ability to be solutions-oriented to resolve product, pricing or merchandising challenges.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to work as part of a team, build on team dynamics and autonomously seize initiative when necessary.
- Experience in the licensing, toy or gift industry is favourable but not essential.
- A “Can-Do” attitude and be motivated to get results!
For more information regarding this role and to apply; please click through to this Seek link.