Entertainment One Ltd. is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is an exciting, fast growing entertainment company that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid’s TV content. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig and superhero hit PJ Masks . Alongside these popular television properties, eOne Family & Brands’ portfolio also boasts acclaimed kids content including Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom , Winston Steinburger and Sir Dudley Ding Dong and Cupcake & Dino: General Services.
Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is now gearing up for the launch of its newest property, Ricky Zoom , a brand new animated pre-school TV series from the producers of PJ Masks.
Entertainment One’s Family and Brands has close to 200 employees based in London, New York, Toronto, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sao Paolo. It is part of the wider Entertainment One Group, a leading international entertainment company with film, TV and music operations across the world. The Entertainment One Group has over 1,300 employees worldwide, with offices in LA, Toronto, London, New York, Madrid, Amsterdam and Sydney.
As VP Family & Brands ANZ, you will be the ambassador for eOne Family and Brands in Australia and New Zealand overseeing the development and implementation of licensing programmes and marketing campaigns throughout the region. In additional you will also be responsible for managing relationships with key broadcasters.
Key will be the strategic leadership, management and growth of the business across ANZ, ensuring local partners, agents and market specific brand and communications programmes are in-line with global overarching company and brand strategies.
- Devise and implement best in class sustainable licensing programmes aimed at maximising brand & retail exposure
- Plan, develop and implement short, medium and long-term CP strategies across core categories, licensed promotional partnerships and retail marketing efforts within the ANZ territories
- Drive on-going sales, to hit revenue targets and increase brand awareness.
- Setting team objectives and priorities to ensure financial success whilst ensuring and maintaining accountability for accurate quarterly category forecasts.
- Deliver financial and market analysis to senior management, in addition to informing local policy and strategy formulation.
- Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retails sales performance of key licensees and programs
- Work in conjunction with the wider Global Brand and Marketing teams to create a coordinated consumer-facing brand marketing strategy across the key functions: Financial & business planning, Team management & leadership, Communications, including trade and consumer, and business development and brand marketing partnerships
- Deliver market analysis, local brand requirements and opportunities to senior management, producing long term planning aligned with the commercial and experiential planning.
- Develop and implement commercially led product, merchandising and retail marketing plans to align with growth objectives
- Apply a 360 approach to all campaigns to maximise reach and noise
- Identify brand development opportunities and work with the Global Brand teams to ensure that relevant bespoke assets and campaigns are delivered in a timely manner, monitoring local brand progress, including competitive market, and adapt team approach accordingly.
- Forward-plan marketing strategies and campaigns for all content partners (TV, SVOD, VOD, AVOD etc) and maintain excellent strategic relationships, ensuring that the team executes content marketing plans according to the agreed calendar.
- Oversee the management of product development for ANZ across both hard-line and softline categories
- Develop strategic long-term relationships with the key broadcasters in the region, working closely with the EVP Content Sales
- Manage, develop, and support a team of three direct reports across Licensing, Marketing and Product Development
- Build a strong team culture that aligns with the eOne Family & Brands philosophy to ensure optimal output and align with the broader vision, prioritising workloads and effectively communicating team priorities.
- Perform management functions such as hiring, onboarding, coaching, performance management and operating budget control, building strong team-oriented relationships with other key business units and regional partners that result in new business and/or cross-promotional opportunities
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all eOne Family brands at all times across all relevant functions including and ensuring the team is informed
- Embody eOne’s culture that promotes openness, transparency and fairness
- Significant experience in children’s licensing and marketing
- A proven track record in developing and implementing licensing programmes for highly successful Family Brands
- Significant experience of leading consumer brand marketing strategy, new brand marketing opportunities & further establishing best practices and marketing / promotional partners.
- Strong business development, and presentation skills with an ability to achieve revenue goals in an entrepreneurial environment
- An understanding of how to drive revenue through licensing whilst balancing the needs to generate long term sustainability
- A thorough understanding of TV distribution and broader distribution platforms across SVOD/VOD
- Significant international / regional experience contributing to a complex global brand
- Management experience /strong leadership skills with the ability to rally a remote team and bring passion into the work
- Diplomatic team player with proven ability to develop strong working relationships with international teams and cross-cultural awareness.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple priorities and assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Entertainment One thanks everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. To be considered for this position you must provide evidence that you/be able to demonstrate that you have the right to work in Australia.