People of Play Announces “Pop into Spring Week,” A Virtual Networking and Professional Development Opportunity for the Toy and Game Industry
People of Play (aka POP / formerly CHITAG) will celebrate the official launch of its website and interactive POP database with POP into Spring Week March 1 — 5, 2021. The virtual program will epitomise the organisation’s mission of celebrating and empowering toy and game innovation in all industry segments worldwide through a week of digital networking, workshops, masterclasses and entertainment. The new POP Database is being launched as the largest searchable collection of people, companies and products in the toy, game and play industry. Participation in POP Into Spring Week is free for anyone with a Pro-level profile in the POP Database.
Each day of POP into Spring Week will be dedicated to a different aspect of the toy and game industry, including on-demand talks by luminary subject matter experts who will also be available in live Zoom rooms for Q&A throughout the week, as follows (additional participants are being added daily):
- Monday 3/1: Inventors: Pro, New and Student, featuring Rebecca Bleu and Nicholas Cravotta of Bluematter Games
- Tuesday 3/2: PR Marketers, Influencers and Media featuring Tracy Dudkiewicz of TAP Marketing, Erin O’Connor of Scientific Mommy and Brilliant PR & Marketing
- Wednesday 3/3: Retailers, Distributors, and Reps featuring Richard Derr of Learning Express and Steve Starobinsky of Kid@Heart
- Thursday 3/4: Suppliers featuring Matt Nuccio of Design Edge, Bob Witkin of York Jersey Underwriters and Gary Rudell of Total Biz Fulfillment,
- Friday 3/5: Licensing & Industry Overview featuring Steph Wissink of Jefferies, Gerrick Johnson of BMO Capital Markets and Reyne Rice of ToyTrends.
Participants will have the opportunity to set up one-on-one Zoom meetings with individuals and companies listed in a directory classified by industry segment. A “POPPub” will be available around the clock during the week allowing participants to enjoy mealtimes and happy hours with industry colleagues.
“This spring event is just the beginning of what will be possible for the toy and game industry now that it is connected through a singular database,” said Mary Couzin, founder of People of Play. “We are using this week to exemplify the type of connection that the database will make possible all the time.”MARY COUZIN — FOUNDER OF PEOPLE OF PLAY
People, Company and Product Profile pages on PeopleofPlay.com have both public facing profiles and more in-depth industry profiles searchable by role, skills, and more (available with Industry Pro membership). Individuals and companies can create their own pages in the database. Varying levels of participation and premium packages come with unique benefits, additional content and add value.
“You can think of the People of Play database like LinkedIn, IMDB, Match.com and Wikipedia rolled into one–all for the toy and game industry,” said Couzin.MARY COUZIN — FOUNDER OF PEOPLE OF PLAY
The People of Play Database will also have a searchable Wiki consisting of biographies of industry “players,” white papers, videos, articles, awards, histories of toys and games and more.