Applications for this job advertisement are now closed
Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is an exciting, fast growing entertainment company that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid’s TV content. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig and superhero hit PJ Masks. Alongside these popular television properties, eOne Family & Brands’ portfolio also boasts acclaimed kids content including Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, and upcoming preschool brand, Ricky Zoom.
Entertainment One’s Family & Brands has 100+ employees based in London, New York, Toronto, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and São Paolo. It is part of the wider Entertainment One Group, a leading international entertainment company with film, TV and music operations across the world. The Entertainment One Group has over 1,300 employees worldwide, with offices in LA, Toronto, London, New York, Madrid, Amsterdam and Sydney.
The Product Development Manager will understand the need to balance commercial and creative needs striving to achieve the very best design whilst aware of commercial and pricing pressures. The role will work across eOne Family’s portfolio of successful brands in Australia & New Zealand.
Reporting into the SVP, ANZ, key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day product development and approval
- Achieving the best possible product from your licensees whilst balancing the needs of creative and commercial
- Ensure that licensees actively exploit the full portfolio of eOne’s assets. Communicate to your Manager where there may be additional requirements to meet licensee demands and capitalise on new opportunities
- In conjunction with the licensing team, plan and develop ranges with key licensees
- Understand range architecture and pricing and be prepared to input proactively
- Proactively seek to improve process wherever possible
- Help inspire licensees to set the benchmark in creative design and development using the most up to date assets
- Be willing to take a flexible approach to design and development acknowledging that designs may not conform with our guidelines and yet achieves market leading product
- Understand the competitive environment and the retail market place and strive to seek ways to develop a competitive advantage. Research local trends and share with Creative Services team
- Work closely with the licensing teams to ensure needs, challenges and potential opportunities are aligned. Ensure that you understand what designs work well commercially and what do not and take steps to integrate these learnings into future development. Communication with licensees/creative teams on a regular basis
- Ensure approvals correspondence and imagery is logically stored and accessible on the server
- Manage storage of contractual samples
- Conduct creative induction for all new licensees. Present new design guides to top ten brand licensees. Manage creative summits when required
- Manage local territory Experiential partners, in development of assets, in conjunction with UK Experiential team
- Trade: Review trade marketing, advertisements, print materials for local events, as well as oversee Australian toy fair stand & assets, along with support from the Licensing Assistant
- Marketing approvals: Manage and oversee approval of local marketing materials, including print advertisements, point of sale, digital assets, etc
- Administrative and adhoc tasks as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience across hard and softline categories,
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of ANZ retail
- Ability to identify and solve design/concept problems
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Graphic design experience desirable
- General knowledge of manufacturing process and how they apply to products
- Ability to work as part of a team
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. To be considered for this position you must provide evidence that you/be able to demonstrate that you have the right to work in Australia.