The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 was a defining moment. Having garnered over one billion viewers and inspired thousands of new footballers around the world – Women’s football has become an unstoppable, global cultural movement.
Licensing and Merchandise Program — Expression of Interest
With FIFA continuously propelling the women’s game higher, further, faster, the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023TM will no doubt be an unforgettable experience.
It is not just a tournament; it has become a symbol.
The FIFA Women’s World CupTM is the defining event in women’s football, a global women’s sporting event that brings a true sense of excitement and enjoyment to the millions of fans who will experience the world-class event that is the FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2023TM.
In July 2023, the FIFA Women’s World CupTM is heading to Australia and New Zealand and will be the spark of inspiration that inspires a new era of women’s football. Taking place in the heart of two vibrant countries that champion equality, community and diversity, this tournament will unleash the power of football on a global scale.
FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023TM promises to forge a new future that will go BEYOND GREATNESSTM and this is your opportunity to be involved in the single biggest women’s sporting event in the world.
Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has appointed Australian based sport licensing specialist Velocity Brand Management (VBM) to manage the licensing and retail program for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023TM and the FIFA World Cups in 2022 (Qatar) and 2026 (USA, Canada and Mexico), the FIFA Trophy Collection and the recently launched FIFAe program in the Australian and New Zealand markets.
The mission of the FIFA Women’s World CupTM is to showcase the world’s best female players, engage audiences with a world class event, exceptional storytelling and blaze a trail for women’s empowerment and in conjunction with the FIFA team, VBM aim to build a licensing program that speaks to the football fan through fashionable, well designed products that represent the bold & colourful, inspirational, inclusive and authentic feel of the FIFA Women’s World Cup program.
FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023TM – Quick Facts
- 20th July to 20th August 2023
- The 2023 tournament will be the 9th edition of the FIFA Women’s World CupTM
- 2023 will be a tournament of firsts:
- the first in the Southern Hemisphere
- the first to be co-hosted by two confederations (AFC and OFC)
- the first to feature 32 teams (up from 24 teams in 2019)
- 1.5 million fans projected attend matches (an increase from the 1,131,312 fans that attended FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019, France)
- 64 matches across 10 venues across 9 Host Cities in Australia and New Zealand
- Opening match will be played in Auckland New Zealand and the final to be hosted in Sydney at Stadium Australia
- To be broadcasted on Optus Sport in Australia and Sky Sport in New Zealand with total global audience to exceed the 1.12 billion fans that watched the 2019 event
Women’s football is the single biggest growth opportunity in football today and this is your opportunity to be part of a world class licensing program for the biggest event to be hosted in Australia and New Zealand in 2023.
For more information on the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Licensing Program, please contact VBM as per the details below:
Director of Licensing, VBM
evitale [@] vbmglobal.com