Working with some of the biggest, and best toy/entertainment/lifestyle brands in the world! An attractive salary package will be tailored to the right candidate, based on seniority and experience. The Business Manager leads a small team and reports directly to the Managing Director. They are a key contact for International Licensors to implement global strategy and reporting on the success for the ANZ market.
Full Time, 10 month fixed-term contract (April-January)
Key areas of responsibility:
- Implementation of strategy, goals and benchmarks for each brand
- Implementing retail strategy plans & marketing initiatives
- Liaising/meeting directly with licensors, licensees, retailers and catalyst partners
- Strong sales focus; building product categories and ranges with buyers.
- Reporting to key clients on all aspects of work.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational & time management skills
- Proven experience meeting pressing deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
- Can present in a professional manner in person and over email, with ability to generate own correspondence
- Comfortable to make calls which require diplomacy
- Proactive not reactive
What You Will Bring
- Education: University education preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience: 6+ years related experience, with previous experience in toy licensing, marketing, sales or related field a plus.
- Functional Knowledge: Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
How You Will Be Successful
Work Excellence: You show concern for quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities. You plan your work activities in advance to ensure that assignments are completed timely and accurately.
Analytical and Logical: You’re able to distil and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
Effective Enthusiasm: You exhibit persistence, confidence and a relentlessly positive mindset.
Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to complete deliverables with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
Service Orientation: You keep internal and external customers/client(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
What to Expect
Working amongst a small team and reporting directly to the Managing Director, and communicating & reporting directly to major brand Licensor around the world.
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. There is flexibility in working hours to accommodate international Zoom calls occurring outside of 9-5pm.
Some domestic and internationally travel opportunities available.
Haven Global has offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Manilla — this is preferably a Sydney-based office position (Paddington NSW 2021).
To learn more or apply contact Tom Punch at Haven Global on +61 2 9357 9888 or tom [@] havenglobal.com
About Haven Global
Haven is a globally recognised Licensing Agency, that delivers breakthrough brand extension programs for high-profile entertainment, sports, fashion and lifestyle brands. We tap into brand DNA and develop brand extension strategies that excite the market, enhance brand positioning and deliver long-term revenue streams. From great consumer products and retail activations, to collaborations, blue chip promotions, marketing and location based experiences.
From great ideas to commercial reality, we cultivate relationships between retailers, manufacturers and brand owners, delivering brand extension programs via a licensing model.
With over 27 years in the business, we are the intel behind some of the world’s most exciting (and industry awarded) brand activations for clients such as Nickelodeon, Sesame Workshop, Pokémon, MGA Entertainment, Sanrio, Crayola, Cartoon Network, WWE and many more.
Brand extension takes a powerful seat at the marketing table. Our programs amplify brand potential through the creation of new experiences that not only surprise but engender loyalty and share of wallet.
At Haven we have one single goal — to deliver brand extensions that count!
Get to know us at www.havenglobal.com